To change the frequency on your ceiling fan, use the following steps:
- Turn the power off at the circuit breaker box.
- Detach your canopy from the mounting bracket by removing all screws.
Retrieve the receiver and locate the dip switch settings.
- The dip switch settings look like four sliding buttons.
- Using a ballpoint pen or small screwdriver to slide the buttons, create a new frequency combination.
- Place the receiver back into your mounting bracket and attach the canopy to the mounting bracket.
- Remove the back of your remote control and remove the battery.
- Locate and remove the small panel covering your dip switches.
- Use a pen to slide the buttons to match the receiver’s frequency.
- Place back panel and remote back.
- Restore power to your ceiling fan.
- Verify settings are correct by turning ceiling fan on/off.
This is a general example to use while changing the freuqency on your ceiling fan's remote control but always check your ceiling fan's manual for specific instructions for your device. Enjoy knowing you now have a ceiling fan that will listen to only your commands.
Check out our selection of Ceiling Fans with Remote Controls.