Fanimation’s fanSync is the future of ceiling fan control. This innovative product puts the power of your ceiling fan at your fingertips and gives you the freedom to turn your ceiling fan on or off, increase or decrease the speed, and manage the lights without being tied to a remote control. Learn how to install your fanSync device and revolutionize the way you control your home’s ceiling fans.
4 Easy Steps to Install a fanSync
- Turn your ceiling fan on HIGH speed and light kit (if any) in the ON position.
- Disconnect the power to the ceiling fan so that you don’t electrocute yourself.
- Disassemble your ceiling fan and disconnect the existing wires from the main power leading to the fan.
- Using the connectors, connect the fanSync wires to the corresponding ceiling fan wires. If possible, use the instruction manual that came with your ceiling fan as a reference.
- Connect the BLUE fanSync wire labeled FOR LIGHT to your ceiling fan’s light wire
- Connect the BLACK fanSync wire labeled TO MOTOR L to your ceiling fan’s live wire
- Connect the WHITE fanSync wire labeled TO MOTOR N to your ceiling fan’s neutral wire
- On the opposite side, connect the BLACK fanSync wire labeled AC IN L to the main live wire that your ceiling fan was originally connected to
- Also on the opposite side, connect the WHITE fanSync wire labeled AC IN N to the main neutral wire that your ceiling fan was originally connected to
Once the connections have been made, slide the receiver into the hanger bracket, taking care not to pinch the wires. The canopy comes up to cover the receiver and hanger bracket.
Once you've installed your fanSync and put your ceiling fan back into its proper position, download the fanSync application on your IOS or Android device. Pair your fanSync device with your Bluetooth and restore the power to your ceiling fan.
Don't have a Fanimation ceiling fan? No problem. FanSync is not brand specific and is compatible with many different makes and models of ceiling fans.