No matter where you live in the country, it seems like each summer season ushers new, record-breaking heat temperatures, along with the electric hum of air conditioning units. You can prepare for the heat and humidity by installing a new ceiling fan from the Casablanca Isotope Collection. We at Del Mar Fans & Lighting show you just how easy it is to install a Casablanca Isotope ceiling fan.
Learn More About the Casablanca Isotope
The Casablanca Isotope fans have a contemporary hugger design and feature integrated lighting that is perfect for cooling and illuminating rooms with a low-profile ceilings, a ceiling that is less than 8 feet in height. Hugger or low-profile ceiling fans are installed directly onto the ceiling, allowing the fan blades to hang at least 7 feet above the floor as required by the National Electric Code. These ceiling fans are intended for spaces ranging in size from 100 square feet to 150 square feet such a guest bedroom, home office, or study. The integrated light fixture provides functional lighting while reading or watching television. The 44-inch brushed nickel Isotope fan complement a contemporary or modern home living room. For additional collections, see Del Mar Fans & Lighting's selection of Casablanca Fans.
- Wire Cutters
- Wire Connectors
- Phillip-head screwdriver
For this video, we used a Casablanca Isotope ceiling fan.
Install the Casablanca Isotope in 10 Foolproof Steps
Prior to assembling the Casablanca Isotope ceiling fan, read the manual thoroughly to familiarize yourself with the Casablanca Isotope installation steps, and to make sure all the necessary hardware and tools are accounted for, including a Philips-head screwdriver. Trust us, you do not want to be reaching for the installation directions while standing on a ladder with a 36 lb. fan suspended above your head. Turn the power off the circuit breaker box, and if you are extra cautious, you can also turn off the power switch so there is no risk of anyone being zapped. Use the steps below as a guide:
- Install the mounting plate onto the ceiling and feed the wires through the opening on the plate.
- Unlock the canopy cover and hang the fan from the J-hook on the mounting plate.
- Connect the fan and ceiling wiring in the following order: green, white, and black wires.
- Tuck the ground conductor and power conductor wires into separate sides of the fan body.
- Lift the fan from hook and attach it to the mounting plate with the screws provided.
- Once all screws are in place, secure them tightly, slide the canopy cover mounting plate, and lock the cover.
- Attach all the blades to the fan body and fasten them tightly once all blades have been added.
- Screw in the provided halogen light bulbs into the light sockets and attach the glass shade.
- Install the wall control by connecting the ground wires.
- Turn the power back on and sync the wall control and ceiling fan.
Once the installation is complete, confirm the speed and light setting are functioning properly. Purchasing a new Casablanca Isotope fan is an easy way to remain comfortable during the upcoming summer season while conserving energy and money.