Nothing beats sleeping under the gentle, cool breeze of a new ceiling fan during a warm summer night. A Casablanca ceiling fan like Panama ceiling fan makes the perfect bedroom ceiling fan because of it's quiet perfomance and simple style. We at Del Mar Fans & Lighting have created a video to show how to install the Casablanca Panama ceiling fan in your home.
The Casablanca Panama ceiling fans were the first in the industry to feature a five-blade design. These simple, but elegant ceiling fans have a traditional body with customizable blades, including nautical-inspired sailcloth blades. This fan is very similar to the brushed steel Loft fan by Emerson. However, you may opt for a brushed nickel Panama fan with a no-frills pull chain and a 52” blade span to effectively cool your master bedroom. The Casablanca Panama offers an optional lighting kit. This ceiling fan is ENERGY STAR rated, allowing you to curb your energy consumption and save on monthly utility bills.
For this video, we used a Casablanca Panama ceiling fan.
Prior to beginning the installation, turn off the power at the breaker, read the owner’s manual thoroughly, and account for all necessary materials and tools. Select a stable work area to pre-assemble the fan and blades. Then watch our Casablanca Panama installation video and refer to the steps below:
- Install the mounting bracket to the outlet box.
- Remove the shipping blocks (be sure to save the screws). Assemble by downrod by attaching sleeve and hanger ball.
- Loosen the set screw on the motor coupling and attach the downrod to the motor housing. Tighten the set screw with the crescent wrench.
- Pre-assemble the fan blades by attaching the blades to the blade arms with the provided rubber grommets and screws.
- Hang the motor assembly from the mounting bracket, twist to lock the hanger ball into place.
- Wire the ceiling fan in the following order: green ground wires, white neutral wires, and black and blue power wires.
- Secure the canopy to the mounting bracket with the screws provided.
- Attach the pre-assembled fan blades to the motor housing. Tighten all the screws once all blades are attached.
- Install the upper switch housing plate to the mounting ring. Connect wire plugs. Install the lower switch housing with the screws provided.
- Install the pull chain.
Once the Casablanca Panama ceiling fan install is complete, ensure all screws are secured tightly. Turn the power back on and run the ceiling fan on the highest speed to check for noises or wobbling. See Del Mar Fans & Lighting's ceiling fan troubleshooting tips for assistance with wobbly or noisy fans. You will not regret the time and effort spent once you've a had blissful, comfortable night of sleep.