Pioneering Emerson Ceiling Fans
Known simply as America’s Fan Company, the Emerson Electric Manufacturing Company was founded in 1890 in St. Louis, Missouri, with one objective in mind – to develop a reliable electric motor. The company succeeded in achieving this goal by manufacturing the first motor to run on alternating current and by 1897, the business was booming. In 1895, the manufacturer introduced electric Emerson ceiling fans, which became an instant success. Today, the ceiling fan manufacturer retains its lead as the largest maker of fractional horsepower induction motors, and holds two patents on control fan speeds.
How to Use Emerson Fans in Your Home
Emerson ceiling fans are suitable for indoor and outdoor use, a perfect addition to the home and office, and many models are energy efficient fans. Each fan is outfitted with hand-carved blades, hand-polished plated finishes, and exceptionally engineered motors for a long-lasting product. Here are some of Emerson’s most popular ceiling fans:
- Emerson Hugger Ceilign Fans - These low profile fans have a compact design intended for rooms or spaces with a ceiling height less than eight feet as recommend by the NEC, but they provide the same performance as a standard Emerson fan.
- Emerson Ceiling Fans with Lights - These fans have light kits, which are included with the fan at the time of purchase or sold separately, that provide functional general and task lighting. For instructions on how to install an Emerson ceiling fan with lights, see our installation and wiring guide.
- Emerson Outdoor Ceiling Fans – These UL-rated outdoor ceiling fans are made moisture and rust resistant parts as well as all-weather blades that guarantee a lasting performance.
- Classic Emerson Ceiling Fans - These ceiling fans have a traditional feel that never goes out of style.
- Contemporary Emerson Ceiling Fans - These fans have cutting-edge silhouettes and finishes that create a strong design element.
Emerson fans are durable and supported by strong warranties, ranging from 10 years to lifetime guarantee depending on the product. Antique ceiling fans manufactured by Emerson are highly sought after by vintage collectors.
With over 100 years of experience in technology innovation, Emerson ceiling fans continue to uphold the mission set in 1897 by one its founders, J.W. Emerson, to create a product that is not only handsome, but also well crafted.