Shop for a Ceiling Fan That Meets Your Needs
A ceiling fan circulates air throughout a room to produce a comforting airflow that improves air quality as well as enhances the feel of a room or living space. Ceiling fans are available in variety of styles, finishes, and sizes to create a look individualized for your home, office or outdoor living area. We offer a wide selection of top rated ceiling fans from the industry’s leading brands like Hunter fans. These fans are manufactured with long-lasting motors, blades, and finishes that not only improve the feel of an area, but also complement the atmosphere of the space.
Benefits of Buying a Ceiling Fan
Homeowners can look forward to the following advantages when purchasing a ceiling fan:
- Decrease Energy Usage – Ceiling fans use approximately 65 watts of energy to operate while a central ac unit uses roughly 2,500 watts to operate, that is a whopping 97 percent difference in energy consumption. Select a fan that is Energy Star rated, which is 50 percent more efficient than traditional fans.
- Year-Round Comfort – Ceiling fans are suitable for use throughout the year as long as homeowners change the direction of the fan’s blades during the summer and winter seasons. In the summer, run the fan in a counter-clockwise direction to produce a cool breeze, and in the winter, run the fan in a clockwise direction to push warm air down to the floor. This allows residents to be less reliant on air conditioning and heating units. To learn how to change a fan’s rotation during the summer and winter seasons, see our guide on ceiling fan direction.
- Savings - Ceiling fans consume less energy to operate, therefore they cost less to operate. Some homeowners have reported savings of $500 per year. However, savings vary depending on location, cost of energy, and home construction.
Ceiling Fans for All Applications and Looks
The right ceiling fan will depend on the location, environment, and dimensions of the area. We offer the following range of fans to meet your specific needs:
- Flush Mount Ceiling Fans – Also known hugger or low profile ceiling fans, these fans are mounted or installed directly onto ceilings that are less than the recommended eight feet.
- Outdoor Ceiling Fans – Exterior fans are UL-rated for damp or wet environments. These fans are made with moisture resistant parts that allow them to withstand varying degrees of exposure to the elements.
- Ceiling Fans with Lights – These ceiling combine the cooling comfort of traditional fan with the necessity of a light fixture. Light kits may be included with the fan at the time of purchase or be bought separately.
- Remote Control Fan – A ceiling fan with a remote control makes changing speed and direction settings a breeze. This ceiling fan is ideal for hard to reach areas such as sloped or vaulted ceiling. To learn more about installing a fan in a hard to reach area, see our guide on sloped ceilings.
In addition, we offer a range of styles and finishes to match your home’s individual decor.
- Contemporary Ceiling Fans - These fans add an overhead architectural element and are ideal for spaces with a clean, modern design.
- Tropical Ceiling Fans - These fans have bamboo and palm leaf accents that are ideal for outdoor or pool areas as well as beach homes.
- Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fans - These fans have the appearance of chrome or stainless steel finishes, but at a lower price. This finish is suitable for almost any existing style, which makes them very popular among our customers.
- Black Ceiling Fans - This fan provides a classic finish that also blends easily into any existing motif.
Once you have selected a fan that meets your needs, see our guide on installing a ceiling fan. In addition, we offer a number of how-to guides to provide fan owners with solutions to common problems and questions such as how to balance a ceiling fan. We strive to provide your with the best ceiling fans and help you keep them that way.