Do you need a visually appealing accessory to contribute to air circulation and cooling? Ceiling fans provide an energy efficient way to cool your house without the hassle of resetting your thermostat. They add convenience by reducing the number of fixtures needed in a space by providing adequate illumination. Ceiling fans are perfect for efficiently cooling any area.
How to Buy Ceiling Fans
Ceiling fans are must-have home appliances for summer. Choosing the right ceiling fan can be overwhelming whether you’re a first-time buyer or you’re simply looking to replace an existing one. Not only do you have to think about the functional qualities of each fan, but you should also consider what styles work best with your current home decor. We’ve given a few tips to help you avoid buyer’s remorse and help you buy the perfect one for your home. Purchasing ceiling fans should be an easy process, so we’re working hard so you don’t have to.
What is the Right Fan Blade Size?
Small ceiling fans for small rooms and large ceiling fans for large rooms, or so they say. While this may sound like an ancient proverb, choosing the correct size ensures maximum performance, style, and above all – comfort. Here’s how you can select the correct ceiling fan size for any room in your home.
What is the Right Size Downrod?
A ceiling fan downrod is a stainless steel pipe that connects the motor housing to the mounting hardware, stabilizing and reducing the potential for wobbling. The right size downrod also aids in proper airflow by ensuring a safe distance between the fixture’s blades and the ceiling, at least 8 – 10 inches, and between the fan blades and the floor, a minimum of 7 feet.
Design Your Own Fixture
Are you having trouble finding the perfect fan for your house? Well, you can stop worrying and relax because the Emerson Ceiling Fan Configurator allows you to customize a ceiling fan to match your individual needs and modern style. The configurator offers six customizable motor housings with varying blade sizes, styles, and many finishes like white, brushed nickel, bronze, stainless steel, and more.
How to Choose an Outdoor Ceiling Fan
Almost nothing beats sitting on your porch, sipping cold iced tea under the cool breeze of a bronze outdoor ceiling fan. However, there are some important factors to look for when choosing an outdoor ceiling fan. To get the most out of your fan, first you need to understand the difference between indoor and outdoor ceiling fans. Outdoor ceiling fans are UL-listed for damp or wet conditions. They are able to withstand the elements and weather of your outdoor space.
How to Install a Ceiling Fan
Adding a new ceiling fan is a thrifty way to reduce your energy bills without sacrificing comfort. A fan installation is a perfect weekend project for any avid do-it-yourselfer because it only requires a few hours to complete, and the payoff is immediate. You don't have to be a home improvement expert to install a modern ceiling fan, Del Mar Fans & Lighting's videos and instructions below can help you get started.
The Many Benefits of New Fans
When purchasing a fan, we often assume that its only purpose is to make us feel more comfortable. We hardly ever think about anything besides how much a fixture costs and how much air it produces. Many people are unaware of the other benefits, such as annual savings due to decreased energy usage and year-round comfort that come along with owning a ceiling fan and accessories.
The next time you’re in the market, be sure to take full advantage of these benefits:
- Decreased Energy Usage - when running, an average central air conditioning unit uses approximately 2,500 watts of energy to operate. However, running a fan uses approximately 65 watts of energy to operate- a 97% difference in energy consumption. Interested in saving even more energy? Choose an Energy Star rated ceiling fan to get 50% more efficiency than a standard ceiling fans. Choose LED light bulbs for extended light bulb life and efficiency.
- Savings - ceiling fixtures use less energy and cost less to operate than your standard central air conditioning unit. See the savings an efficient fan can generate by looking at your monthly electric bill. While savings may vary depending on location, some homeowners have reported annual savings of up to $500.
- Year-round Comfort - a fixture can provide comfort all year round; simply remember to change the direction of the blades. In the summer, run the fan in a counter-clockwise direction to produce a cool breeze. In the winter, run the blades in a clockwise direction to push warm air down to the floor.
Types & Styles
Ceiling fans have come a long way since their invention in the 1800’s, and the accessories of today are a vast improvement both visually and mechanically. Now, overhead fixtures are available in a wide variety of different types and styles to complement your house’s décor. At Del Mar Fans & Lighting, we believe that offering ceiling fans in a variety of different types and styles is the best way to ensure you get exactly what you’re looking for. Choose from a wide selection of finishes including matte black, brushed nickel, bronze, chrome, copper, stainless steel and satin nickel finish. Shop by number of blades or fan blade span.
- Flush Mount - also called hugger or low profile ceiling fans, flush mount fans install flush against a ceiling and provide ample headroom. These fans are ideal for rooms with low ceilings that are less than the recommended eight feet.
- Outdoor Ceiling Fans - are UL- rated for damp or wet locations. Fans cleared for outside installation are made with moisture resistant parts that allow them to withstand varying degrees of exposure to the elements.
- Indoor Ceiling Fans - not suitable for damp or wet locations. Perfect for your living room, dining room, great room, or other room inside your home.
- Ceiling Fans With Lights - combine the comfort of a ceiling fan with the necessity of light kits, and effortlessly illuminate and ventilate a room simultaneously. Purchase a ceiling fan with lights, or buy separate lamps.
- With Remote Controls - make changing the speed and direction of your ceiling fan a breeze. An easy to control handheld or wall remote is a necessary accessory for a hard to reach ceiling fan.
- Wi-Fi Connected Fans - can be controlled via Amazon Alexa, Google Home Assistant, Minka Aire Bond, and other Bluetooth enabled apps on your smartphone. Wi-fi smart fans are a great addition to your smart home and allow you to control fan settings remotely, even when you are away from home.
- Contemporary - are ideal for modern houses and are available in various smooth finishes and clean designs to complement your home’s décor.
- Tropical - feature unique blades designed to resemble luscious tree leaves generally found in tropical locations. Choose one to complete your house’s island theme.
At Del Mar Fans & Lighting, we strive to deliver quality products from reliable and trusted brands like Fanimation, Kichler, Minka Aire, Monte Carlo, Modern Forms and Hunter Fan Company. Choosing a brushed nickel ceiling fan will help reflect your personality and design style when matched with the correct home decor. There are many other solutions available from a single bronze accessory. Ceiling fans with lights will brighten dark spaces in your rooms and will also provide cooling.
There are many helpful accessories to enjoy additional moments of relaxation. Ceiling fans with remote controls make it easy to turn the lights on and off as well as controlling the speed of the fan blades. With so many designs and styles available, many people enjoy assistance making a decision. We welcome you to read best types of ceiling fans for your home to gain comfort in your ability to purchase the perfect fan for your house.
You might also want to view some of the best ceiling fan options we have. Our top selling products include the Minka Aire hugger ceiling fan with LED light kit, Monte Carlo Maverick outdoor ceiling fan with remote control, Hunter outdoor black ceiling fan with pull chain, and Hunter flush mount indoor ceiling fan.