Is there anything more elegant than a beautiful, sparkling chandelier hung in just the right spot in your home? We think not. Now that you've found the right size chandelier, it's time to install it where everyone can admire it.
The chandelier that you've selected should not only fit the room size, but also enhance the look and feel of the space. Whether you opted for a classic crystal chandelier or a modern metal chandelier, make sure it complements your home decor seamlessly.
Gather the following materials:
- Philips Head Screwdriver
- Wire Strippers
- Tape Measure
- Electrical Wire Tester
Turn the power off at the main electrical panel. If new wiring is required, consult a licensed electrician or local authorities for code requirements.
Chandelier Install Steps
- Verify electrical wires are not powered with a wire tester
- Verify the beam can support the weight of the chandelier
- Find the recommended chain length using the formula below
- Pre-assemble chandelier; thread wire through chain
- Install the mounting bracket to electrical box
- Hang the chandelier from the junction box
- Connect the wires with the plastic wire nuts; tuck the wires into the electrical box
- Place and secure the canopy
- Pre-assemble the lamp shade; install the light bulbs
- Install the lamp shade
Once you've installed your new chandelier, restore the power at the electrical panel. Turn on the light to verify it's working correctly.