Is there anything more elegant than a beautiful, sparkling chandelier hung in just the right spot in your home? We think not. Now that you've found the right size chandelier, it's time to install it where everyone can admire it.
If you haven't found the correct size chandelier for your room size, table, or living space, we suggest visiting our helpful guide before continuing!
The chandelier that you've selected should not only fit the room size, but also enhance the look and feel of the space. Whether you opted for a classic crystal chandelier or a modern metal chandelier, make sure it complements your home decor seamlessly. If you are still looking for the perfect chandelier, we welcome you to explore our vast selection of chandeliers, starting with the four basic types!
Prepare to Hang Your Chandelier
Turn the power off at the main electrical panel. Verify electrical wires are not powered with a wire tester. If new wiring is required, consult a licensed electrician or local authorities for code requirements.
Installation Tools & Materials
Gather the following materials:
- Philips Head Screwdriver
- Wire Strippers
- Tape Measure
- Electrical Wire Tester
Chandelier Install Steps
For this video guide, we installed the Barolo FR31245SPG chandelier by Fredrick Ramond, which has since been discontinued, but the following instructions apply to any chandelier..
- Verify that the beam or strut can support the weight of your chandelier. If the eletrical box is mounted directly to the beam, it should support up to 50 pounds of weight.
- Unpack the chandelier and read the directions.
- Find the recommended chain length using the formula below:
Ceiling to Table = _____________
Recommended Height = 32"
Chandelier Height = _____________
Chain Length = ______________
- Pre-assemble chandelier; thread wire through chain
- Install the mounting bracket to electrical box
- Hang the chandelier from the junction box. Remember that the lock nut and the canopy go down the chain before being hung.
- Wire the fixture. Ground wires first, secure wires with wire nuts, and tuck into the canopy. Place and secure the canopy.
- Assemble the remaining elements of the chandelier; install the light bulbs.
- Install the lamp shade
How to Install a Chandelier Video Tutorial
Once you've installed your new chandelier, restore the power at the electrical panel. Turn on the light to verify it's working correctly.
Tell us in the comments below if this video guide was easy to follow and make suggestions on how we can improve it.