Fanimation’s fanSync is the future of ceiling fan control. This innovative product puts the power of your ceiling fan at your fingertips and gives you the freedom to turn your ceiling fan on or off, increase or decrease the speed, and manage the lights without being tied to a remote control. Learn how to install your fanSync device and revolutionize the way you control your home’s ceiling fans.
Step-By-Step fanSync Installation Guide
- Turn your ceiling fan on HIGH speed and light kit (if any) in the ON position.
- Disconnect the power to the ceiling fan so that you don't electrocute yourself.
- Disassemble your ceiling fan canopy and disconnect the existing wires from the main power leading to the fan.
- Remove existing remote receiver (if any) from the hangar bracket and disconnect the wires
- Using the connectors, connect the fanSync receiver wires to the corresponding ceiling fan wires. If possible, use the instruction manual that came with your ceiling fan as a reference.
- Connect the BLACK fanSync wire labeled AC IN L to the main live wire that your ceiling fan was originally connected to
- Connect the WHITE fanSync wire labeled TO MOTOR N to your ceiling fan’s neutral wire
- Connect the BLACK fanSync wire labeled TO MOTOR L to your ceiling fan’s live wire
- Connect the BLUE fanSync wire labeled FOR LIGHT to your ceiling fan’s light wire
- Slide the fanSync receiver into the hangar bracket, taking care not to pinch the wires
- Re-install the canopy to cover the receiver and hangar bracket, making sure to leave the black antenna hanging out of the canopy
Once you've installed your fanSync and put your ceiling fan back into its proper position, download the fanSync application on your IOS or Android device. Restore power to your ceiling fan and once it turns on, the app should automatically detect your fan and pair your fanSync receiver to your phone.
Don't have a Fanimation ceiling fan? No problem. FanSync is not brand specific and is compatible with many different makes and models of ceiling fans, as long there is room in the canopy or motor housing for a remote receiver.
Fanimation Ceiling Fans with fanSync Receiver
Fanimation offers a free FanSync with select fans over $299! This is indicated by a gift icon on our product listing pages.