When it comes to kitchen lighting ideas, there are all kinds of options. Do you go with a pendant? Track lighting? Recessed lights? In this post, we’ll break down some of the most popular kitchen lighting fixtures and the benefits of each lighting type.
What Are The Best Lighting Fixtures For Kitchens?
In general, most lighting can be bucketed into one of the three types of lights. Click the links below to learn more about each type:
- Task lighting is used above common work stations, such as kitchen islands, sinks, stoves and tables.
- This typically includes over counter lighting, such as pendants and chandeliers and under cabinet lighting.
- Ambient lighting is your main source of light in the room.
- Lighting that usually fits under this category are chandeliers, recessed lights, and semi- and flush mount ceiling lighting.
- Accent lighting is anything that typically enhances the ambiance of a kitchen, but doesn’t provide the main source of light.
- Under and above cabinet lighting is one of the most popular examples of accent lighting in action, but can include track lights and recessed lights depending on how they are installed.
Why Buy From Del Mar Fans & Lighting?
There are many reasons to buy from Del Mar Fans and Lighting, however, here are just a few reasons we would like to bring attention to!
- Returns for 90 days.
- Free shipping on all orders of $40+.
- A safe shopping experience.
What is The Best Kitchen Island Lighting?
Kitchen Island Lighting doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, you should have some fun with it! The options are literally endless. Pendant lights, track lights and even chandeliers can be used as kitchen island lights. Smaller kitchen islands can be adorned with two pendant lights, while larger ones can use up to three or four. The trick is to make it look tasteful while maximizing utility. Don’t get pendant lights or chandeliers that are too big for your space because it won’t look right.
Pendant lights are a fun way to add some pizazz to your kitchen. They hang lower than semi-flush lights and are available in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and styles to match your personal design tastes. Install multiple pendant lights above a kitchen island, or a raised bar with stool seating where your guests can sit and relax.
Chandeliers are the decorative frosting on top of the cake. Chandeliers come in various shapes, sizes, styles, and can be as vibrant or as modest as you want. Hanging a chandelier above your kitchen table will add sophistication and charm to your room. The chandelier will act as a statement piece while simultaneously lending that little something extra to the look and feel of your kitchen.
How to Determine the Correct Size For Your Island Or Table?
When buying lighting for islands or tables, you want to make sure you are sizing the fixtures correctly. We have created two helpful guides to take you through the process of determining not only the correct size for your room, island or table, but also how many pendants or chandeliers you may need.
What is the best ceiling Lighting for a Kitchen?
Flush mount lights are a unique way to illuminate your kitchen. Thinking about flush mount lights may conjure up images of your outdated grandmother’s house, but fear not. Flush mount lights have been updated with a fresh and modern look that many homeowners seek. Add light to your dark kitchen pantry by installing a chic flush mount light.
Semi-flush lights will not just brighten up a dim space, but they will also bring beauty and style. Semi-flush lights offer the glamour of a chandelier, but with more headroom since they range around 4- 20 or so inches in height. Place a semi-flush light over a wet bar to illuminate bottle labels to be certain of what you’re pouring.
What is the best accent Lighting for a Kitchen?
Under cabinet lights are stylish necessities for your kitchen. These lights easily install directly beneath your kitchen cabinets, highlighting the space below. Under cabinet lights provide you with extra clarity to better see the food you're preparing and avoiding accidentally injuring yourself.
Recessed or Can lights are a popular lighting option for kitchens. Their ability to install within a ceiling allows for a smooth, seamless look that is appealing to many homeowners. Their inconspicuous design makes them easy to decorate around without being distracting or detracting from other design elements.
Track lights are a favorite among homeowners because they are versatile and easy to install. Unlike recessed lights that install in the ceiling, track rail lights are mounted flush against the ceiling in either T, L, or H shaped patterns. However, a flexible monorail track system allows you the freedom to bend the track into your desired shape.
- Rustic Farmhouse Style Guide
- Tuscan Style Lighting Guide
- Nautical & Coastal Lighting Style Guide
- Modern & Contemporary Style Lighting Guide
- Tiny House & Small Spaces Lighting Ideas
- Sunroom & Screened Porche Lighting Ideas