There is nothing exciting about reading a 17-page ceiling fan installation manual. Fortunately, the Hunter Fan Co allowed us to skip a few pages by creating Hunter 5-Minute Fans, which are 90% pre-assembled by the manufacturer. As the name aptly suggests, these ceiling fans are quick and easy to install on standard, low-profile, and sloped ceilings. In fact, users could probably install the new fan in the same amount of time as the average commercial break (give or take a few minutes).
While installing a Hunter 5-Minute fan is simple enough, we at Del Mar Fans & Lighting have created a brief Hunter fan installation video to guide users through the Hunter 5-Minute Fan installation process.
For this fan installation video and step-by-step guide, we used a Hunter 5-Minute ceiling fan in a white finish.
90% PRE-ASSEMBLED FANS
ENSURE EASY INSTALLATION
The Hunter 5-Minute Fan features a traditional fan body with integrated downlighting and a handy remote control. These ENERGY STAR-rated ceiling fans feature built-in fluorescent lights, which makes the fan at least 25% more efficient than traditional ceiling fans. The 172mm x 12mm fan motor moves 5,203 cubic feet of air per minute, which is ideal for rooms ranging in size from 150 square feet to 300 square feet. The Easy Lock blades are designed to snap onto the blade arms with little effort or tools, which helps make the Hunter 5-Minute Fan Installation process quick, easy, and efficient.
TOOLS NEEDED TO INSTALL A HUNTER FIVE-MINUTE FAN
Phillips Head Screwdriver
INSTALLING THE HUNTER FIVE-MINUTE FAN
in 10 Quick Steps
First, we read the Hunter Fans Owner’s Guide and Installation Manual, and confirmed all the fan parts were included in the original packaging. Then, we turned the power off at the circuit breaker box and used the steps below to complete the Hunter 5-Minute Fan Installation.
- Attach the hanging bracket to the junction box and pull the wires through the bracket opening
(NOTE: Mounting the bracket can affect the overall installation time)
- Raise the fan and place the ball into the hanger bracket. Then, connect the green wires, white wires, and black wires
- Partially secure the canopy screws in the bracket, raise the canopy over the hanger, and align screws with the slots in the canopy
- Secure the canopy, install the remaining canopy screws, and tighten all canopy screws
- Lift the canopy trim ring to the top of the canopy and turn clockwise to secure
- Snap the Easy Lock blades into the blade arms
- Screw the lightbulb into the light socket and attach the extra pull chains
- Raise the glass bowl and thread the pull chains through the bowl
- Place the cover plate against the light fixture and thread the chains through the metal cover
- Screw the finial on to the threaded rod
Once you have finished installing your new Hunter ceiling fan, run the fan at the highest speed setting to check for wobbling or noises, as these are signs of installation errors. If you find that the fan wobbles or makes noise while operating, you might have to disassemble the fan and ensure all screws are tightened and that the fan is fully secured.
Be sure to read the Del Mar Fans & Lighting ceiling fan installation guide for more information on installing ceiling fans manufactured by today’s leading brands, including Hunter, Casablanca, and Fanimation.