In the last 40 years, ceiling fan controls have evolved from simple pull chains to bulky clickers with basic functions to state-of-the-art wall controls packed with smart features that increase home safety and lower energy use. The DIY experts here at Del Mar Fans & Lighting put together a how-to video on the Casablanca Inteli-Touch wall control install that is easy to follow, whether you are a ceiling fan novice or expert.
While the Inteli-Touch is now discontinued, this instructional video still applies to the installation of their replacement product Casablanca 99195 (or Hunter 99735). Casablanca was recently purchased by Hunter Fan Company, so their products are now being merged and are becoming compatible with each other.
How to Install a Ceiling Fan Wall Controls
Follow the steps below:
Why Buy From Del Mar Fans & Lighting?
There are many reasons to buy from Del Mar Fans and Lighting, however, here are just a few reasons we would like to bring attention to!
- Returns for 90 days.
- Free shipping on all orders of $40+.
- A safe shopping experience.
Installation Video Tutorial
- Wire Cutters
- Wire Connectors
- Phillip-head screwdriver
In this video, we used a Casablanca Inteli-Touch wall control. The Casablanca Inteli-Touch controls six fan speeds, in a forward or reverse direction, and full-range light dimming to create a comfortable and well-lit environment.
Unfortunately, we no longer sell the intelitouch wall control. Many ceiling fans by Casablanca like the Stealth, used to include the Inteli-Touch wall control, but now they come with a 4 speed wall control. This wall control, just like the Intelitouch, can easily be installed into an existing switch box. The written installation instructions below are for the Casablanca 99195 or the Hunter 99735.
Steps to Install a 4-Speed Wall Control
Prior to the Casablanca wall control install, turn the power off the circuit breaker box and wall switch. Then, use the steps below to complete the wall control installation:
Installing The Batteries
- Slide battery door up.
- Replace with two AAA batteries.
Installing The Wall Plate Bracket
- Snap the wall control into the wall plate bracket. For correct installation, the lip of the bracket should be facing outward.
Wiring The Wall Control
- Connect the green grounding wire from the wall control to the green ground control from the switch box using the provided wire nuts.
- Connect the "LIVE IN" from the switch box to the "-Vac" (black wire with white stripe) from the wall control using the provided wire nuts.
- Connect the "LIVE OUT" from the switch box to the "FAN" (solid black wire) out from the wall control using the provided wire nuts.
- Push all wires into the switch box.
Installing the Wall Control & Wall Plate
- Secure the wall control with the two long screws provided.
- Push the wall plate onto the wall plate bracket. It should snap into place.
Pairing the Wall Control to the Receiver
- Turn the power back on.
- Use the pull-chain switch on the fan to set the fan speed to the HIGH position before operation.
If, after installation, you find that the wall control operations are reversed (as in the fan button is controlling the lights and the light button is controlling the fan), turn off the power at circuit breaker and switch the two black wires. This control will work with Casablanca fans with lights or ceiling fans without lights.
To ensure the longevity of a Casablanca ceiling fan, do not use more than one ceiling fan per wall control, and do not connect any additional devices to the circuit controlled by the ceiling fan wall control.
Please note: If you own an older Casablanca fan model with pull chains, but the model number does not start with a "5", contact Hunter or Casablanca for help with wall or remote control options. Those models that being with a "5" are compatible with wall control model 99195.
- Casablanca Brand Spotlight
- How to install a Casablanca Stealth ceiling fan
- How to install a Casablanca Wailea ceiling fan
Did this video and step-by-step instruction guide help you DIY your wall control install?