Finding a smart, stylish ceiling fan for a small space, such as a laundry room or walk-in closet, can be a trying task, but certainly not impossible. The Casablanca Wailea outdoor ceiling fan is designed for small, damp indoor and outdoor spaces, and like all ceiling fans created by the Casablanca Fan Company, they're pretty fashionable to boot. Del Mar Fans & Lighting has put together several ceiling fan installation guides, including this step-by-step video and guide for installing a Casablanca Wailea ceiling fan.
For this video, we chose a snow-white Casablanca Wailea outdoor ceiling fan.
Discover the Casablanca Wailea Outdoor Fan
Inspired by the Casablanca Fan Company’s Lanai and Capistrano ceiling fans, the Casablanca Wailea is UL-rated outdoor ceiling fan intended for damp or humid outdoor spaces, like covered patios and porches. However, the Casablanca Wailea fan is also useful for indoor spaces, like bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchens, and even walk-in closets, where it reduces the amount of indoor humidity and helps prevent mold formation. These ceiling fans are ideal for indoor and outdoor spaces ranging from 75 square feet to 120 square feet in size. The simple, traditional body easily matches most interior and exterior decors,and is available in a brushed cocoa finish with matching blades, or brushed nickel with all-weather matte black blades.
CASABLANCA WAILEA CEILING FAN INSTALLATION TOOLS
- Wire Cutters/Wire Strippers
- Allen Key (included)
- Phillips-head Screwdriver
INSTALL THE CASABLANCA WAILEA OUTDOOR FAN IN EIGHT STEPS
Before you start installing your Casablanca Wailea ceiling fan, be sure to turn off the power at the circuit breaker box, read the owner’s manual thoroughly to familiarize yourself with the installation steps, and make sure all the ceiling fan parts are enclosed in the packaging. You may pre-assemble the fan blades and attach the downrod to the motor housing prior to installation. Be sure to watch our installation video and use the steps below as a guide:
- Install the mounting bracket to the outlet box.
- Install the canopy to the mounting bracket.
- Attach the downrod to the top of the motor housing.
- Hang the motor assembly from the canopy.
- Connect the green ground, white neutral, and black power wires. If your fan includes a light kit, connect the blue wire with the black wires.
- Remove the shipping blocks from the motor housing, but keep the screws, as you will use these to attach the fan blades.
- Attach the pre-assembled fan blades to the motor housing with the screws provided. Tighten all the screws once all the blades are attached.
- Feed the wire connector from the fan through the center of the switch housing. Attach the switch housing to the adapter plate with the screws provided.
- Connect the wire plug from the ceiling fan to the wire plug from the switch housing (make sure the colors are aligned).
- Install the switch housing cap with the screws provided. Then, attach the pull chain controls.
Once you have finished installing your new Wailea ceiling fan, restore the power at the circuit breaker box and run the ceiling fan at the highest speed. Look for any wobbling or shaking, and listen for any odd noises that may indicate ceiling fan problems. See Del Mar Fans & Lighting's ceiling fan troubleshooting guide if you are experiencing any issues with your new fan.
Please read the provided articles below for more information on installing Casablanca ceiling fans:
The Casablanca Wailea offers comfort to the smallest of indoor and outdoor spaces. How will this ceiling fan add comfort to the small spaces in your home? Let us know in the comments below.