Nothing beats sleeping under the gentle, cool breeze of a new ceiling fan during a warm summer night. Casablanca ceiling fans, like the always-popular Panama ceiling fan, make the perfect bedroom ceiling fans because of their quiet performance and simple style. We at Del Mar Fans & Lighting are dedicated to ensuring our customers know exactly how to install a ceiling fan on their own, so we’ve created a step-by-step video and guide to show you how to install the Casablanca Panama ceiling fan in your home.
Casablanca Panama Installation Video Tutorial
For this video, we used a 54" Casablanca Panama ceiling fan with a brushed nickel finish.
Learn About the Casablanca Panama
Casablanca Panama ceiling fans were the first in the industry to feature a five-blade design. These simple, but elegant, ceiling fans have a traditional body with customizable blades. However, you may opt for a aged bronze Panama ceiling fan with a no-frills pull chain and a 54” blade span to effectively cool your master bedroom. The Casablanca Panama is also available with an optional lighting kits and are ENERGY STAR rated, which will help curb your energy consumption and save on monthly utility bills.
CASABLANCA CEILING FAN INSTALLATION TOOLS
- Cordless Drill
- Wire Cutters
- Crescent Wrench
10 CASABLANCA PANAMA FAN INSTALLATION STEPS
Prior to beginning the installation, turn off the power at the breaker, read the owner’s manual thoroughly, and account for all necessary materials and tools. Select a stable work area to pre-assemble the fan and blades. Then, watch our Casablanca Panama installation video and refer to the steps below:
- Install the mounting bracket to the outlet box.
- Remove the shipping blocks, but be sure to save the screws. Assemble by downrod by attaching sleeve and hanger ball.
- Loosen the setscrew on the motor coupling and attach the downrod to the motor housing. Tighten the set screw with the crescent wrench.
- Pre-assemble the fan blades by attaching the blades to the blade arms with the provided rubber grommets and screws.
- Hang the motor assembly from the mounting bracket, then twist to lock the hanger ball into place.
- Wire the ceiling fan in the following order: green ground wires, white neutral wires, and then the black and blue power wires.
- Secure the canopy to the mounting bracket with the screws provided.
- Attach the pre-assembled fan blades to the motor housing. Tighten all the screws once all blades are attached.
- Install the upper switch housing plate to the mounting ring., connect the wire plugs, and then install the lower switch housing with the screws provided.
- Install the pull chain.
Once you’ve finished installing your Casablanca Panama ceiling fan, ensure all the screws are secured tightly. Turn the power back on and run the ceiling fan on the highest speed to check for noises or wobbling. See Del Mar Fans & Lighting's ceiling fan tips to fix wobbly or noisy fans. You will not regret the time and effort spent once you have a had blissful, comfortable night of sleep.
We hope you enjoy your new Casablanca Panama ceiling fan. Be sure to leave any questions or comments below!
- Casablanca Brand Spotlight
- How to install a Casablanca Stealth ceiling fan
- How to install a Casablanca Wailea ceiling fan
- Best Outdoor & Patio Ceiling Fans
- Best & Brightest: Ceiling Fans with Lights
- Best Ceiling Fans for Low Ceilings
- The Quietest Ceiling Fans
- Best Ceiling Fans for Large Rooms