Quality Discount Lighting for Your Home
Whether it is an elegantly draped chandelier or set of traditional wall sconces, the right type of lighting can transform the look of a home. A light fixture can add a decorative touch to a space while providing general, task or accent illumination. Light fixtures are available in a range of shapes, sizes, colors, and finishes to complement a home’s individual décor.
Kitchen Lighting Ideas
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in a home; it’s where family gathers and memories are made. If cooking and entertaining is a big part of your life, you can benefit from having good kitchen lighting. Follow along with our simple recipe to achieve the best kitchen lighting scheme.
Best Chandelier Type for Your Home
Over the years, chandeliers have transformed from plain candle holders to modern candle chandeliers, brilliant crystal chandeliers, luminous glass chandeliers, and chic chandeliers with shades. However, the best chandelier type for your home is one that acts as a direct representation of your personal style and taste.
Determine the Right Size Chandelier
A chandelier adds ambiance, style and of course, general lighting to a room, but selecting the right chandelier can be tricky. A small chandelier can easily get lost in a large space and fail to deliver a strong design element, while a large chandelier can overwhelm a small space. The right size chandelier is proportional to the height and width of the room.
Best Outdoor Lights for Your Home
Outdoor lighting is an easy, cost-effective way to add beauty, safety, and security to your home. Understanding which outdoor lights work best with your home's exterior and landscape will help you choose the right light fixtures for your garden, deck and yard. Here are our top eight tips for choosing the best outdoor lighting fixtures for your home.
What are the Main Types of Lighting Fixtures?
At Del Mar Fans & Lighting, we offer a multitude of different indoor and outdoor light fixtures from trusted manufacturers to meet your lighting needs. Different light fixtures produce different types of light. Recessed lights, for example, are ideal for general lighting, while chandeliers are excellent for adding decorative lighting to a room. Create the lighting scheme of your dreams by implementing various different lighting types into your home.
Some of the Most Common Light Fixtures are:
- Ceiling Fans with Lights– combine the necessity of lighting with the comfort of a ceiling fan and reduces the amount of fixtures in a room.
- Chandelier Lighting– creates ambient lighting that’s ideal for basking rooms in a soft glow, making it easy to perform simple tasks without subjecting you to a harsh glare.
- Close-to-Ceiling Lighting– installs flush against the ceiling and gives the appearance of more headroom, making them ideal for homes with low ceilings.
- Lamps– these portable light fixtures are a convenient and efficient way to add light to dark corners in a room.
- Pendant Lighting– is a versatile source of home lighting that adds style to a kitchen bar or island while simultaneously creating task lighting.
- Recessed Lighting– installs directly within the ceiling for a clean, streamlined look that is ideal for providing a room with general or ambient lighting.
- Track Lighting– is a favorite among many homeowners because they are available in a variety of different shapes and are easy to install.
- Wall Lighting– adds a warm glow to walls and surrounding areas. Place wall lights along your home’s staircase for safe illumination as you ascend and descend the stairs.
Why Choose Energy Efficient Home Lighting?
In the United States, energy consumption is at an all-time high, and a large portion of our carbon footprint stems from home energy consumption. Fortunately, we can counteract this negative impact by using energy efficient appliances and finding better ways to heat and cool our homes. In addition to improving your impact on the environment, energy efficient products can save you money on your monthly electric bill. At Del Mar Fans & Lighting, we offer a large selection of energy efficient and Energy Star rated products that will help you reduce your carbon footprint. Selecting Energy Star rated ceiling fans and energy efficient light bulbs will put you on the path to savings.